In the Media
The Institute has been quoted on a range of issues recently, including drought policy, energy price rises in the industry, the adoption of agtech, social licence, agricultural insurance and the National Drought Summit. For links to the articles, visit our ‘AFI in the news’ web page under the ‘News & Events’ dropdown menu.
In social media, the hashtag #AusAgRoundtable2018 trended in the top 10 on Australian Twitter during the Australian Agriculture Roundtable ‘Evidence Meets Emotion’ event on 16 October. The ‘Smoko’ video series continues to feature AFI staff and key messages, and a recent addition to the communications strategy has been a regular e-newsletter (AFI Muster).
Recent Ag Forum blogs by Executive Director Richard Heath have included:
- Making the most of drought awareness
- Glyphosate hysteria ramps up
- Are you confident of your social licence?
- Drought policy must adapt to a changing climate
Read these blogs online via the ‘Ag Forum’ tab, also under the ‘News & Events’ menu.
Out and about
Recently the Institute’s Executive Director, Richard Heath has spoken at:
- Australian Cotton Conference, Gold Coast
- CSIRO AgCatalyst 2018, Melbourne
- Grains Agronomy and Pathology Partnership Forum, Sydney
- Next Crop Forum, Yass
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, Canberra
- 2018 Marketing to the Rural Sector Australia, Sydney
- US Embassy AgTech Innovation Day, Canberra
- National Farmers’ Federation National Congress 2018, Canberra
The Institute held itsannual Australian Agriculture Roundtable Conference at the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra. The event was attended by over 160 agribusiness professionals and featured discussions on animal welfare, community trust, environmental policy, agricultural statistics and the right to farm.
|AFI Calendar 2018||Date|
|RESEARCH||Risk management in Australian agriculture||Public release December 2018|
|RESEARCH||Reinventing Australian agricultural statistics||Public release February 2019|
|PUBLICATION||Farm Policy Journal – vol. 15 no.4||December 2018|
|HOLIDAY||AFI office closed||24 December 2018 – 2 January 2019 (inclusive)|
|PUBLICATION||Insights – vol. 16 no.1||February 2019|