Thursday 17 June 2021 – Toowoomba, QLD & ONLINE
While COVID-19 is the most prominent disruptor of trade in recent times, it is far from the only one. Geopolitical tensions, socio-economic changes, infrastructure challenges and biosecurity concerns are not merely theoretical risks but active disruptors to Australia’s export-reliant agriculture sector. What do we need to know to manage these disruptions, and how can we take advantage of ‘creative destruction’ to improve business resilience?
RBA Governor Philip Lowe and Trade Minister Dan Tehan will lead this important discussion at AFI’s mid-year conference, joined by Shari Rogge-Fidler, CEO of the US Farm Foundation, and other analysts, farmers and agribusiness leaders.
Join us IN-PERSON at Toowoomba for the full experience – a virtual (online only) option is also available. (NB: to register for both the conference and dinner in-person options, please click the ‘conference bundle’ button.)
CONFERENCE SESSIONS | 10 am – 5:30 pm
SESSION 1 – Overview + PANEL (10:00 am – 12 noon)
- Keynote 1: Philip Lowe, RBA
- Keynote 2: Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Dan Tehan
- The US perspective: Shari Rogge-Fidler, US Farm Foundation CEO
- ‘Fireside chat’ – farmer panel on lived experience of ag trade disruption
SESSION 2 – Geopolitical impacts (1:00–3:00 pm)
- PRESENTATIONS: Pandemic disruption can be a distraction from other pressing issues – what geopolitical considerations should the ag sector be watching most closely?
SESSION 3 – Thriving in disruption (3:30–5:30 pm)
- CONVERSATION: Taking advantage of creative destruction to renew systems and improve business
DELEGATES DINNER | 6:00–10:00 pm
Formalities – 7:30–8:30 pm
- DINNER PRESENTATION: Richard Heath, Executive Director AFI, in conversation with SPECIAL GUEST (TBC)
Agriculture and trade in disrupted economies Conference sponsors:
Shuttle bus service:
Direct flights to Toowoomba are not currently operating. The Airport Flyer provides transfers to/from Brisbane Airport. We are also happy to facilitate car-pooling of hire cars – contact us for details.
AFI has arranged a corporate discount at Quest Toowoomba.
Burke and Wills Hotel is also offering delegates a corporate rate. Please book with the hotel directly on 07 4632 2433 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference bundle – $770
For full registration to the conference sessions and delegates dinner, click the BOOK NOW button. To buy tickets to either conference sessions only or delegate’s dinner only, add an item to cart using the form below.